Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Something completely different!

breydel

Something completely different! Empty Something completely different!

Post by breydel Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:24 pm

For the older generations I could start my message à la Monty Python: And now for something completely different!
    I know, the item I am going to describe has nothing to do with Canadian Militaria, as far as I know, but it is my intent to eventually get some reactions which may help me to identify this piece of history that has been in my possession for a number of years.
    In 1986 I bought what was apparently a ' thunder mug ' in solid iron at an auction in Belgium ( Ardennes ) but this does not mean, of course, that the cannon was of Belgian origin. The previous owner was a collector of all kind s of antique items and I was lucky to have my winning bid acquiring 3 such items. Two smaller ones and one large one.
    This one measures :
    Height: 32 cm  ( 12 5/8 inches )
    Width at the base: 21 cm ( 8 1/4 inches )
    Width at the rim: 17 cm ( 6 3/4 inches )
    Bore: 7 cm ( 2 3/4 inches )

Weight: 60 kg ( 132 lbs )

Over the years I have been trying to get some information on it but to no avail.
    Would anyone have some info on this rather heavy cannon6 I personally doubt it was a ' signal cannon ', not at this weight!?
    Photos:

Something completely different! Mortar10
    Something completely different! Mortar11
    Something completely different! Mortar10
    breydel

Something completely different! Empty Something completely different

Post by breydel Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:59 am

No amateurs? No interest? I thought I had something out of the ordinary hmmm

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:44 am