Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

1955 Canadian made Para Helmet

Planejack

1955 Canadian made Para Helmet Empty 1955 Canadian made Para Helmet

Post by Planejack Sat Nov 04, 2023 5:12 pm

I’m looking to find a minty/unissued Canadian Paratrooper helmet as made by CLC.  I believe the same company made the Dispatch Rider Helmets in the war years?  These Para helmets sometimes have a “Made In Canada” sticker on the leather liner.  Are these tough to find?
    edstorey
    edstorey

1955 Canadian made Para Helmet Empty Canadian made Para Helmets

Post by edstorey Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:49 pm

Well, if you owned a copy of 'Tin Lids' which was published by Service Publications and still available to purchase, then you would know that you are going to wait a very long time to find the paratrooper helmet you desire.   Go ahead, do a web search for the book, buy a copy and find out why.   Gosh, speaking of Google and all the free data knowledgeable people have placed on the internet about helmets, all you have to do is search, but I guess like reading, that is just too much to ask these days.   Typing this snarky remark was five minutes of my life I will never get back, but it was fun....now bring on those Canadian made parachute helmets!
    Planejack

1955 Canadian made Para Helmet Empty Re: 1955 Canadian made Para Helmet

Post by Planejack Sat Nov 04, 2023 9:04 pm

Thank you for your reply.
    The only book I have been able to find was “British Airborne Headress” by Military Mode publications. They also did a fine book on the Denison. So, there’s very little I could find on this subject, and that’s why I chose to join this Forum for the kind and thoughtful advice and sharing of information from individuals such as yourself.
    So, thank you for telling me about a book that I never heard of, and I’ll search one out for my reference. Thank you again for your time.

Sponsored content

1955 Canadian made Para Helmet Empty Re: 1955 Canadian made Para Helmet

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 am