Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection Empty updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection

Post by pylon1357 Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:50 pm

I posted the brass titles that I acquired from a fellow collector recently. Nice to have the foresight to bring these with me so I could mount them correctly. Usually things sit on my desk for months until I find the time to do my updates. As was the case with the Westminster Regiment titles.

First up is the completed set for the Ontario Regiment.
    updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection The_on10

Second is the completed set for the Princess Louise Fusiliers of the 5th Canadian Armoured Division
    updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection The_pr10

This set I find interesting that was able to get the L.S.H. titles
    updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection Lord_s10

This set is The Westminster Regiment, also of the 5th Canadian Armoured Division. I had a set of curved Chrome titles that I am most certain were quite modern. Nice to have a set of Brass ones to put in their place.
    updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection The_we10

Here is a photo of my overall display for the 5th Canadian Armoured Division. Rarely is this display ever out from under glass. The only time it is out is when I have updates to do. NOW if only I could the Titles for the Cape Breton Highlanders, my 5th Div set would be complete.
    updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection 5th_di10

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    Avro683
    Avro683

updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection Empty Re: updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection

Post by Avro683 Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:28 pm

Very nice collection there!
    blitzkrieghenk
    blitzkrieghenk

updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection Empty Re: updates to my Canadian Insignia Collection

Post by blitzkrieghenk Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:21 am

:cheers: Very nice indeed,do you have them also off other divisions??
    Keep up posting some more pics.

grtz Rinke
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:54 pm

Thanks for the interest guys. Yes I have done similar displays for the other 4 Canadian Overseas Divisions. Also one that combines 1st and 2nd CDN Armoured Bges, 1st Canadian Army, 1st and 2nd Canadian Corps. Also working on but not displayed are the Corps badges. If I can find the time, I will certainly take a few more photos.

These displays are usually under glass, mounted to the wall. Rarely do they get removed for updating.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:22 am