Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility

mkVsten
    mkVsten

Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility Empty Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility

Post by mkVsten Wed May 04, 2011 3:35 pm

OK,

So I have a few spare mint mk II shells and a nice mk III shell but no liners for them. I have been watching e-pay lately for some liners (CDN ones) but have yet to find any that are in a normal size and that are not in crappy condition.

Does any one know a source for these and if so, any idea of what they would be worth in "mint" un-issued condition. Must be CDN and wartime dated.

Let me know your thoughts please.

Cheers
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility Empty Re: Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility

Post by mk1rceme Wed May 04, 2011 3:51 pm

What size are you looking for? I have an extra unissued to slightly used VMC 7 3/4 dated 1941. Has all the bumpers, but I don't have the cross pad or the securing bolt for it. I could probably let it go for $30.

Too bad I didn't know you a few years ago...I use to have 24 unissued liners of all sizes. This is the last one I will sell.

mkVsten

Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility Empty Re: Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility

Post by mkVsten Wed May 04, 2011 3:59 pm

Dale,

Are they hard to find? I was hoping to find a qty of them, as most helmets I find and purchase, the liners are usually either totally shot or very brittle.

A shame really, but to be expected in alot of cases due to improper storage.
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Wed May 04, 2011 4:17 pm

Unissued liners don't turn up often. I bought all mine from a fella in New York back in 2001...bought one from him off ebay then he mentioned that he had several more if I was interested. Needless to say, I jumped on them quick. He said they were stored in his Dad's garage for years. Lucky find.

GCR817

Helmet Liner Prices and Availibility Empty Liners

Post by GCR817 Thu May 05, 2011 8:02 am

Dale is right. Liners, especially mint ones are really hard to find on the loose. Back in the late 80's there were a number available (at $5 each!!) but not anymore.

A mint liner with cross pad will run you around $45 if you can find one.

Geoff
    mkVsten
    mkVsten

Post by mkVsten Thu May 05, 2011 8:06 am

Wow,

They have gone up in price.

Is there that much of a demand causing the price to go up that high?
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Thu May 05, 2011 8:54 am

The last mint one that that I saw on ebay a few years back was complete with bolt and crosspad, but only a size 6 1/2, sold for just over $80. I was bidding on it but I stopped at $40. Too much for me. Of course this price was probably the result of a bidding war and not it's true value. On their own, bolts go as high as $20-25, pads can run anywhere from $10-20.

I think Collectors Guild had a mint one on their site last time I checked. Yep, http://www.germanmilitaria.com/OtherNations/photos/C095762.html

It is a 1945 dated 7 3/4 with no bolt or pad and missing all but three bumpers for $65.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:28 pm