Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project

Battalion Colours
    Battalion Colours

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project Empty Here's An Interesting Restoration Project

Post by Battalion Colours Fri May 27, 2011 7:28 pm

http://www.milweb.net/webverts/57542/

Sherman M4A1

Canadian built in 1943 95% complete, has been in long term dry storage.
    Requires complete restoration. All the hydraulics, piping cables and clips are present plus all internals - making this a very viable project.
    The gun is currently live so can be sold to a licence holder 'as is'. Otherwise, it can be de-activated accordingly.
    Will export if required (we believe this vehicle can be imported into the US as it is of Canadian manufacture).
    Possible part exchange considered.
    £125,000.00 + VAT ono.
    Serious enquiries only please.

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project A12

"Honneur et Fidélité"

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project Ensign10

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project Flag_canada
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project Empty Re: Here's An Interesting Restoration Project

Post by mk1rceme Fri May 27, 2011 8:40 pm

Off to buy a lottery ticket right now...

seriously though, what a project this one would be!

Infanteer

Here's An Interesting Restoration Project Empty Re: Here's An Interesting Restoration Project

Post by Infanteer Sat May 28, 2011 5:37 am

Ahhhh, to own my very own tank.... that would be a dream come true. Wish I could make it happen....
    Wouter
    Wouter

Post by Wouter Sat May 28, 2011 7:45 am

I'm not sure if the neighbours would like this very much, let alone how I am ever going to fit this in the shed.
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Sat May 28, 2011 5:08 pm

I would park it in my driveway facing the golf course across the street...and rig up the gun to shoot the wayward golf balls that end up hidden in my lawn back into the course. Hitting them darn things with my mower is quite the show.

Seaforth Highlander

Post by Seaforth Highlander Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:05 pm

This is probably one of the Grizzly tanks. Canada made 188 of them as I recall. Portugal ended up with a bunch of them as post-WWII aid and later sold them surplus. Many went to UK dealers. Dr. Bill Gregg bought two of them. The second one was given to DND in exchange for bringing both over to Canada. He had his restored and I got to ride in it. He later donated it to the RCA Museum in CFB Shilo. The DND was sent to CFB Borden and is I believe the I saw one sitting in the tank park outside on a concrete pad.

Having your own tank in Canada is possible but bloody expensive! I used to own ex-Canadian Army Ferret Scout Car Mk. I CAR 54-82598 and even that was a big project. If you want a tank you need lots of friends, especailly heavy duty mechanics, and a big shop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:27 pm