Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification Empty Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification

Post by mk1rceme Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm

Have any ex-airborne out there seen this kind of chincup attachment before? The helmet has Canadian service numbers all over the shell and cover, so I'm assuming the liner was used by Canadians as well. It is a standard US made para liner, dated 1982. Obvious signs of the pronged buckle being removed and these slider buckles sewn on to accept the different chincup. I've seen a lot of para helmets in my day, but none with this modification.

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification 00213

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification 00111

edstorey

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification Empty US M1 Paratroop Helmet Type II

Post by edstorey Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:34 am

This is the Canadian modification to the chin-cup. Check out the Service Publications 'Tin Lids' by Roger Lucy.
    mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification Empty Re: Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification

Post by mk1rceme Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:21 am

Thanks Ed! I haven't read that book in a few years now...time to drag it down off the bookshelf.

mk1rceme
    Administrator

Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification Empty Re: Odd Chincup Attachment - 80's Airborne Helmet Modification

Post by mk1rceme Tue Feb 12, 2013 11:49 am

Yep, just a quick glance through Tin Lids and I've seen about four mentions of the mod.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:11 am