Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy

qsamike
    qsamike

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Empty Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy

Post by qsamike Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Helmet14

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Helmet15

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Helmet16
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Empty Re: Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy

Post by Cameraguy Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:20 pm

Thanks for posting pics for me Mike. I'll figure out how to do it soon! This helmet was presented to me this past weekend by PPCLI RSM(1948-76) Graham Olmstead after I won the silent auction bidding. Apparently it was a training helmet that he had since Korea. I'll be finding out more about it when I visit him this week.
    It does need a chinstrap,so of you know of an original somewhere,I'm interested.
    Cheers
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Empty Re: Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy

Post by servicepub Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:49 am

The subject of painted para helmets is ripe for further study and would make a wonderful collection. Here are some photos which I believe are postwar but will have to confirm as the LAC on-line data does not include a date. However, this information is recorded on the negative envelope.

Clive

Parachute training at RCAF Station Rivers
    Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy E010782857-v8 zk-1820 parachute training at rcaf station rivers
    Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy E010781675-v8 zk-1636 para trg at rcaf station rivers

Capt. Labell, Royal 22nd Regiment
    Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy E010750997-v8 zk-1258 capt. labell training royal 22nd regiment
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:55 am

Similar to the helmet posted on behalf of cameraguy. This belongs to another collector but I don't think he would mind my sharing.

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Training helmet
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:57 am

OK here is a long shot......

Solid Red - Instructors

Striped Red - Trainees

Mike
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 am

qsamike wrote:OK here is a long shot......

Solid Red - Instructors

Striped Red - Trainees

Mike

I wouldn't think that they would paint rank stripes on trainees helmets though. Maybe Sr NCOs - red, ORs - striped?

Clive
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 am

Clive,thanks for the info/pics. As you can imagine,I was surfing the internet crazily to obtain more info and pictures. Some of you fellows are quite helpful here,and it is appreciated!
    Cheers
    edstorey
    edstorey

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Empty Colour

Post by edstorey Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:30 pm

In keeping with Airborne tradition, the helmet colour for the instructor cadre was solid maroon, not red.
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:08 pm

edstorey wrote:In keeping with Airborne tradition, the helmet colour for the instructor cadre was solid maroon, not red.

Quite agree. The Blue/Red helmets could be RCA, or other Corps, if we assume these to be from the era of the Mobile Strike Force. If there was consistency then the INf Regts may be in regimental-specific colours. A couple of big 'ifs'.

C
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:43 pm

The problem with having over 20,000 images on my PC is finding the right photo at the right time.
    Here is a helmet, maroon in colour, badged with a Warrant officer's insignia. Not mine but from the CWM collection. My files state that it is dated 1944.

Clive

Some Helmet Pictures for Camera Guy Cda ats mkii 1944 postwar instructor cwm
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 am

Hey Camera Guy......

Take a look at this one.....

https://www.cdnmilitarycollectors.com/t2332-garage-sale-in-holland#9385

Mike
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:16 pm

2 thumbs up 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 4:04 pm