Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack

Haplo
    Haplo

Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack Empty Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack

Post by Haplo Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:57 pm

A collector i know has this pouch / haversack.
    Belts are sewn to the pouch.
    It is said that it could be a Despatch driver pouch/haversack.
    Anny comments on this one?
    I have asked for measurement.

Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack Dsc05211
    Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack Empty Re: Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack

Post by Wgrenadier Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:08 pm

I had the same question about these bags without any god answers a while back...

https://www.cdnmilitarycollectors.com/t3005-can-anybody-identify-this-1941-canadian-bag

Perhaps the NATO stock number may give some clue?
    cmpman
    cmpman

Post by cmpman Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:54 pm

I had a look at the other link, and the NSN is most likely 8465-17-707-2566. Only the last 8 digits show, but the rest can be deduced by the stock class (8465 is pouches) and the country identifier code is most likely 17 which is for the Netherlands. So the NSN is not original to the pouches, as a Cdn pouch would have the country identifier 21. Yes I know the other pouch linked is wartime and pre-dates the NSN system, but when the NSN system was adopted by Canada, numbers were assigned to any existing stocks.

So all that said, I am at a dead end for the above NATO number. My resources do not cover that number, and a google search does not bring it up.
    Wgrenadier
    Wgrenadier

Post by Wgrenadier Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:09 am

Thanks for looking that up cmpman! It's too bad the NSN didn't reveal anything.

I came across this one listed on Great War Militaria...

Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack Gb106010

...where it is listed as,

"BAG- WWI, (Haversack), all canvas web, for machine gun parts and accessories (Lewis or Vickers), w/interior pockets in which tools and parts were carried, broad arrow marked, EXC++, never used, storage dust only. Single closure strap, w/shoulder strap."

What do you guys think?
    hmkemink

Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack Empty Unknown Pouch

Post by hmkemink Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:52 am

Hello.
    I found a similar pouch in the depot of the Airborne Museum at Arnhem (NL), including the mentioned stocknumber but with additional text on the inside: 3 & 4.2 mortar.
    See picture.
    Don't have a clue.
    Hans
    Unknown Canadian pouch / haversack Img_2010

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:03 pm