Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Looking for help from Edmonton-area members...

ledfut
    ledfut

Looking for help from Edmonton-area members... Empty Looking for help from Edmonton-area members...

Post by ledfut Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:17 pm

Looking for help from Edmonton area members. A while back a member of the CEF Study Group posted a picture of a beautiful piece of framed 78th Battalion embroidery/needlework done by a soldier while in hospital while recovering from wounds received at Vimy Ridge. The original poster (from the Edmonton area) only stated that he saw the piece at a "local antique store" and was posting it in case any other members might be interested in it. Unfortunately, attempts to message and contact the original poster in order to find out more information have been unsuccessful. The original poster has not been active on the CEF Study Group since November of last year. I would love to try to acquire this piece to display with some my 78th Battalion items - it would be a fantastic addition to my collection! Even more appealing to me is the fact that the soldier attested with the 184th Battalion (my primary collecting interest). However, I do not know which Edmonton area vendor is/was selling it, or if it is even still available. I am hoping that perhaps one of the Alberta members here might be familiar with the piece and be able to provide me with more information (vendor location, contact information, etc.). I know it is a long shot, but I have nothing to lose. Any leads would be greatly appreciated!

Craig

Looking for help from Edmonton-area members... DSC01044_zps730dfdb0
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Looking for help from Edmonton-area members... Empty Re: Looking for help from Edmonton-area members...

Post by Tankermike Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:23 am

I frequent the antique malls in Edmonton but have not seen this piece. There was an antique mall in Leduc but it closed.

Mike
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Looking for help from Edmonton-area members... Empty Re: Looking for help from Edmonton-area members...

Post by Infanteer Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:46 pm

I've seen it at the Rocky Mountain antique mall many times. It may even still be there. Try giving them a call. It was/is in a booth along the south wall east of the entrance.

7025 Gateway Blvd NW
    Edmonton, Alberta T6H 2J1
    Canada
    Tel: 780-485-0020
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:15 pm

I was at that mall today and this item is not longer available.
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Hopefully Craig picked it up....

ledfut

Post by ledfut Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:48 pm

Nope - unfortunately wasn't me who picked it up.  I just received an email today from the Antique Mall letting me know that it had been sold a while back. Thanks for your help anyways guys!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am