Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

Crated Triumph Motorcycle

qsamike
    qsamike

Crated Triumph Motorcycle Empty Crated Triumph Motorcycle

Post by qsamike Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:47 am

Good Morning Everyone......

I am sure that there are many people out there that has heard the urban legend of crated motorcycles from WW2 being found in a warehouse......

Well not quite WW2 but look at this......

http://globalnews.ca/news/2762350/motorbike-sits-at-calgary-store-50-years-after-mysterious-buyers-deposit/

Mike
    LSR
    LSR

Crated Triumph Motorcycle Empty Re: Crated Triumph Motorcycle

Post by LSR Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:05 pm

Nice, but a TRW sold for USD 34.000???
    I happen to know a thing or two about classic British bikes, for decades of time nobody liked/wanted these type of Triumph's and they are still not very popular on this side of the pond.

CampX

Post by CampX Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:42 pm

In Toronto, in the 70s, you could buy a 1956 ( we call it a 57) for $250, if you wanted it put together, another $100 and in any colour you wanted, of course Brens and BARs sold for $75 each, this is not 2nd hand words, I saw it myself.

To fit the crate, the front end had been taken off and inverted in the crate, it came with some spares, a small tool kit and a manual. again I know this as I know people that had bought them..the change that rear sprocket to get the bike up to near high speeds, as these bikes were ment to do 35 to maybe 50 miles an hour

Again, this is first hand knowledge, not like many stories that have gone through the grape fine...even you story, is a bit out of the truth...but then, STORIES have a trend that blows them out of this earth.

Now I have first hand info about a 42 Harley, a wartim indian and a side car going out of the Depot in Toronto when I worked there after getting out of the CF..but that is a realy dirty story...and I was there

Dean
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:50 pm

I cant believe he wouldn't sell it for 20K, I wonder how much he sold the Centurion tank for back in the day?
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:31 pm

Tankermike wrote:I cant believe he wouldn't sell it for 20K, I wonder how much he sold the Centurion tank for back in the day?

His two tanks were sold to an organization in California......

tank

Mike
    edstorey
    edstorey

Crated Triumph Motorcycle Empty Calgary Centurion

Post by edstorey Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:28 pm

It went to the Jacque Littlefield Collection. Jacque passed away a few years ago and I believe the Centurion was part of a recent auction of some of the collection's vehicles.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 11:54 pm