Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

+2
ypres
Jonhno
6 posters

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers

Jonhno

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  Empty Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers

Post by Jonhno Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:06 pm

I thought this was an interesting pair of trousers, do they have a proper designation?

they have no actual side pockets, rather they access trousers underneath, two regular thigh pockets, brace buttons

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  30831810
    Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  30875110
    Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  30874610
    Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  30776610
    Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  30422110
    ypres
    ypres

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  Empty Re: Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers

Post by ypres Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:27 pm

I believe these are the Canadian winter trousers that were tested during Exercise Eskimo. I don't believe they were ever worn in Europe.

All the best,

Ypres
    Jonhno

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  Empty Re: Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers

Post by Jonhno Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:52 pm

thanks for the info, greatly appreciated, I was not aware of that Operation. Too bad I didn't find a jacket too, I assume there must be a pattern to go with these.
    cmpman
    cmpman

Post by cmpman Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:36 am

Had a look in my "Winter Warfare Research Program; Excercise Eskimo" books, and Ypres is right,they are specifically shown and commented on. The correct name is Parka Trousers.

The set of books are invaluable to Canadian collectors. It covers all the kit used right from the comb to the tank.
    Jonhno

Post by Jonhno Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:41 am

I shall have to look out for those books, thank you
    cmpman
    cmpman

Post by cmpman Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Here is a shot of one of the three volume set. Makes them easier to spot. I have always found mine from old base libraries when they were getting rid of books that nobody ever signed out.
    Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  Dscf0012
    Jonhno

Post by Jonhno Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:05 pm

2 thumbs up
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:48 pm

The "wind pants" we were issued in the 90's were virtually identical except they were made from a different material and had plastic buttons. Thanks for sharing the photo of that reference book cmpman, now I have another item to add to my wants list.
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:18 pm

Hey cmpman,
    Could I ask a favour and get you to check your book for this jacket please? I've had it for years and could never ID it, but I see it has the same label as the above trousers.
    Just curious if it shows up.
    Thanks,
    Jeff
    Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  002_Large

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  035_Large

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  036_Large

Canadian WIndproof type Overtrousers  038_Large

cmpman

Post by cmpman Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:02 pm

Infanteer wrote:The "wind pants" we were issued in the 90's were virtually identical except they were made from a different material and had plastic buttons. Thanks for sharing the photo of that reference book cmpman, now I have another item to add to my wants list.

You mean items. It is a 3 volume set. Currently, I have only two volumes....I have had a few of the full 3 volume sets in the past.

Jeff: Sorry, the jacket is not in the book. It only covered kit that was on the exercise.
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:27 am

Do the pants have a rubber lined seat and knee pads
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Post by jholl72 Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:44 am

cmpman wrote:
    Infanteer wrote:The "wind pants" we were issued in the 90's were virtually identical except they were made from a different material and had plastic buttons. Thanks for sharing the photo of that reference book cmpman, now I have another item to add to my wants list.

You mean items. It is a 3 volume set. Currently, I have only two volumes....I have had a few of the full 3 volume sets in the past.

Jeff: Sorry, the jacket is not in the book. It only covered kit that was on the exercise.

Thanks for checking, my mystery continues

Jonhno

Post by Jonhno Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:06 pm

Tankermike wrote:Do the pants have a rubber lined seat and knee pads

no they are just plain

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:35 am