Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs?

Sapper00
    Sapper00

Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs? Empty Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs?

Post by Sapper00 Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 pm

I just inquiring about a Hackman folding knife i'm thinking of acquiring it's definitely a 60s / 70s period piece and not a recent production.

Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs? Hf110
    Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs? Hf210
    Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs? Hf310
    Hackman Folding Knife - Canadian Issue in Survival Packs? Hf410

I'm just wondering if they were ever in the Canadian Aircrew Survival Kits? Someone told me they were "issued" at one time but not that I can recall. I do remember there being folding knives in them but I just remember the C5 being in the kit.

And I know the whole CIA / SOG backstory about them being a Spec Ops issue in Vietnam because they weren't US issue or traceable. Probably a bit of an embellishment as they were not a combat or fighting knife but they are a pretty handy folder. I don't doubt that they were in the US survival kits, given the red handles.

And not a "Balisong" or butterfly knife. I believe it falls outside the prohib description as it impossible to "flip" it open with wrist action, quite stiff and solid at the pins and you need both hands to open or lock it.

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:55 pm