Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Wanted

Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Wanted Empty Wanted

Post by Cameraguy Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:11 pm

Hey guys.Im on the search for a Lee Enfield MK1 Full wood. A Veteran friend of mine would like a nice one as it is what he trained with during WW2(He's a Brit and certified).

Can anyone out there help me out?
    Cheers!

Last edited by Cameraguy on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
    BAP
    BAP

Wanted Empty Re: Wanted

Post by BAP Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:29 am

A true Mk.1, as in a 'Long Lee' from the late 1890's or a No.1 Mk.III (or III*) 'SMLE". There are legalities obtaining and transferring these depending on where you are.
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:17 am

This is the one. No.1 Mk.III (or III*) 'SMLE".
    Seems anything can go into the mail these days,but I have all required certifications!
    cmpman
    cmpman

Post by cmpman Sun Sep 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Original wood has been a bit hard to come by in the last couple years. There is now some very nice looking reproduction wood being made here in Canada and distributed by a fellow up in the Yukon. I see Marstar appears to be distributing the same wood sets as well. https://marstar.ca/product/lee-enfield-no1-mk3-complete-wood-set/

Unless you are really looking to make it a presentation piece, by the time you procure the woodset and the required metal, you can pretty much buy just about any no1mkIII at a gunshow.
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Sun Sep 29, 2019 2:25 pm

Cameraguy wrote:This is the one.   No.1 Mk.III (or III*) 'SMLE".
    Seems anything can go into the mail these days,but I have all required certifications!

Just to keep it on the up and up, and this is for Canada only (I see you're in Alberta) you would need a PAL licence to acquire. But if you present it to the vet then he would need the same licence as well. That is if the rifle is still 'live'. If it's been deactivated then you are good to sell or give to anyone.
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:49 pm

Thanks guys.I have my restricted,and my Veteran friend is good to go with all of his licensing as well. I've got a line on a few,just waiting to hear back from my Veteran to see if he is happy with the options. Thanks again guys,appreciated. Once I do the swap,I'll let you all in on what the trade was for.
    :)
    Cheers!
    Cameraguy
    Cameraguy

Post by Cameraguy Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:38 am

Found one guys. Thanks for your efforts! :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:30 am