Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought

jghinde

Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought Empty Re: Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought

Post by jghinde Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:20 pm

I am joining to learn about my Fathers activities during WW 2. He was a trainer pilot and flew Avro Ansons including # 12417 that has been restored and we last saw it in Hamilton. I have his Pilot Log book. He also got his caterpillar pin at Wood Lake Ont. on Jan 11 /45. Out of fuel in snow storm . James George Hinde, Flying Officer Commonwealth Air Training Plan. I am interested in any information . or where I could start looking. thx
    John James Hinde.
    jholl72
    jholl72
    Administrator

Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought Empty Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought

Post by jholl72 Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi John,
    Welcome to the forum!!! I'm going to split your post from the announcement so it gets more exposure for you.

Have you got his service file from Library and Archives Canada? If not, it will have a wealth of information about your fathers service. If you would like some tips and pointers on how to go about getting it, feel free to PM me.

jghinde

Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought Empty Re: Flying Officer James George Hinde information sought

Post by jghinde Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:24 pm

I do not have his service file.
    jghinde

Post by jghinde Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:25 pm

I will gladly ask for tips

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:21 pm