Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

+7
ledfut
edstorey
pylon1357
Bill
shonit123
48th
jholl72
11 posters

Highland Light Infantry of Canada Tams

ypres
    ypres

Highland Light Infantry of Canada Tams - Page 2 Empty Re: Highland Light Infantry of Canada Tams

Post by ypres Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:54 am

Bill,

Thanks for that. Interesting there is no mention of the balmorals. Here are a few examples from my collection: Two officer's and two OR's. The Can Scottish is the typical officers example much smaller in size. Stitiching on it is double. I did not consider this example in my earlier post since it was private purchase and would conform less to a government contract like the OR's examples would.

Ypres

Last edited by ypres on Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bill
    Bill

Highland Light Infantry of Canada Tams - Page 2 Empty Re: Highland Light Infantry of Canada Tams

Post by Bill Sat Jun 13, 2015 9:11 am

I think that the Dress Regs set overall rules, but regiments were allowed to have their own dress distinctions.
    I should have mentioned that the glen section of the 1943 regs covers the toories, but calls them tufts.
    mvdv84
    mvdv84

Post by mvdv84 Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:09 pm

Nice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:25 pm