Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Militia uniforms - Need help

Goszek

Militia uniforms - Need help Empty Militia uniforms - Need help

Post by Goszek Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 pm

I was trying to find information on Canadian Militia uniforms, and I was surprised to find a virtual desert on the subject. Nothing on the internet, then I looked for the books and once again couldn't find anything. Any suggestions?
    I am interested in information on the uniforms worn by the polish army recruits 1917-19 in Niagara on the lake training camp. The picture below shows a group of soldiers from that camp - what pattern is it? Also, I have noticed that some of the soldiers wear white cap borders and others dark blue or black. What do colours mean? I would appreciate any help. Thanks a lot

Militia uniforms - Need help Jun15_10
    edstorey
    edstorey

Militia uniforms - Need help Empty Polish Uniforms

Post by edstorey Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:06 pm

They are wearing Canadian manufactured uniforms, seven-button Service Dress Jackets and corresponding the Trousers with Polish insignia.
    Goszek

Militia uniforms - Need help Empty Re: Militia uniforms - Need help

Post by Goszek Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:48 pm

Thank you, Ed,
    Based on the pictures I have it looks like the enlisted man had navy blue hatbands and all probationary officers' white. I also assume that doctors would wear red. Do you know if there are any other colours?
    In the picture, two of the soldiers have shoulder cords. Would you say those are whistle cords and it means those are NCOs?
    edstorey
    edstorey

Militia uniforms - Need help Empty Polish Uniforms

Post by edstorey Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:29 pm

You are out of luck as I don't know anything about Polish uniforms or the insignia.
    Goszek

Post by Goszek Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:59 pm

That is ok. I know everything about Polish uniforms and insignia, but I have very limited knowledge about Canadian uniforms. With the exception of the Polish eagles on the hats, everything else is purely Canadian as it was the Canadian school of infantry and Canadian officers training polish troops.
    Thanks anyways

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:35 pm