Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Canloan officer BD

Kev55

Canloan officer BD Empty Canloan officer BD

Post by Kev55 Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:46 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum, and I'm trying to put together as accurate an image as possible for ww2 airsoft. I've found it almost impossible to find anything British that fits a standard in either "genuine ??, or repro battledress, (the colour range and difference is huge), but I've come accross a Dutch post war BD tunic, that is in the later ww2 Canadian style, (including the tab neck closure), and is a very close match to the colour of Canadian BD trousers. My question is; Did Canloan officers keep Canadian BD, or would they be issued BD from British stores ??,
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Canloan officer BD Empty Re: Canloan officer BD

Post by Infanteer Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:38 am

I don't have a definitive answer for you but can mention that being officers they were required to pay for their uniforms. I think it's likely that they would have continued to use their Canadian uniforms unless it needed to be replaced and British uniforms are the only thing they had access to. Even British officers are known to have sought out Canadian uniforms on ocassion due to the fit and quality.
    edstorey
    edstorey

Canloan officer BD Empty Canloan BDs

Post by edstorey Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Have a look at the Rarest Canadian BD thread in this forum and you will see that some images of the Canloan BD collection at the CWM were posted as part of that discussion. Similarly, you can also Google Canadian Canloan uniforms and find the images via that means.

Sponsored content

Canloan officer BD Empty Re: Canloan officer BD

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 10:48 pm