Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

5 posters

my resent pick ups.

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

my resent pick ups.  Empty my resent pick ups.

Post by pylon1357 Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:43 am

Well I attended the Ottawa Militaria Show and Sale yesterday. I had a very good time meeting up with everyone. he best part of the show for me was the fact I didn't have adult supervision.

Here are my latest medal acquisitions; two pairs, one the 24th Battalion, and one to the Strathcona Horse. Three singles (full entitlement) to the 173rd Battalion, (original member) 79th Battalion (original member) and the 76th Battalion. These were all picked up at the Ottawa Show. The 24th Bn pair was actually an ebay pick off, bu I had the seller bring them to the show to save on postage. I still have a pair outstanding to the 19th Battalion and a single BWM to an original member of the 199th Battalion. I also recently picked up a pair to the Canadian Pioneer Battalion.
    Also at the Ottawa show I picked up a couple of cadpat rank slides… probably would have picked up more than just the two but a certain WO had his mucky mucks in there before me. LMAO

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I also had a kind fellow offer me these insignia, but I forgot what the heck they represent. SO if anyone can ID them for me, it would be great. Yeah I know the scenario, “hey guys, look what I got, please tell me what I bought”. LOL Lord I am such a scatter-brain.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
    sixxpackjack

my resent pick ups.  Empty Re: my resent pick ups.

Post by sixxpackjack Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:48 pm

Nice haul! I wasnt able to attend but I did send my brother with a wish list Very Happy . Maybe Ill attend next one, we'll see.
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:27 pm

Base chief warrant officer on the left and on the right is a padre captain attached to a signal unit. I thought the padre insignia was normally worn with Canada titles but I have to admit that I never really paid attention.
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:37 am

Hi Steve, thanks for the answers but I was looking for the identification of the other 4 badges. The round one is obvious but the other 3 I have forgotten.

I note your comment on the padre Captain rank slide. I had only seen them with the CANADA tile as well, this is why I picked this one up. It might be normal, but I do not recall seeing them with anything other than CANADA. Now that things are slowing down for me, with the onset of colder weather, I will have time to properly go through all my rank slides and take inventory of them.

barriefield-brian
    barriefield-brian

Post by barriefield-brian Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:31 pm

Like those cadpat slides Cliff. Nice to put a face to the names on here. Here is what I picked up at the show. Filling out the COTC collection a bit. Cheers Brian

pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Post by pylon1357 Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:06 am

WOW Brian, you must have gone full out after we talked. Yes it was very nice to put a few more faces to names. Did you ever get a chance to chat will Bill A?

Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:08 pm

Odd, the first time I saw your post that last photo didn't appear which is why I responded the way I did. Other than the three badges are obviously navy related I can't help with their identification.

pylon1357 wrote:Hi Steve, thanks for the answers but I was looking for the identification of the other 4 badges. The round one is obvious but the other 3 I have forgotten.

I note your comment on the padre Captain rank slide. I had only seen them with the CANADA tile as well, this is why I picked this one up. It might be normal, but I do not recall seeing them with anything other than CANADA. Now that things are slowing down for me, with the onset of colder weather, I will have time to properly go through all my rank slides and take inventory of them.
    edstorey
    edstorey

my resent pick ups.  Empty Command Badges

Post by edstorey Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Canada Command for Naval Combat Dress (NCD), Canadian Joint Operations Command (CJOC) for Flight Suit and CJOC for NCD.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:01 am