Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Brodie helmet found in a yard sale

ptesgaudet

Brodie helmet found in a yard sale Empty Brodie helmet found in a yard sale

Post by ptesgaudet Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:04 am

Hi,

Lucky find today, a 1942 brodie helmet in a yard sale in Montréal.

If you guys have any hint to help me identified it, you're most welcome! So far I didn't found much.

Here's a picture and what's written on it.

Brodie helmet found in a yard sale 17101423_10155065913592806_381611805_o

Fenrik Arne Hana
    No A-1286
    Sandnes
    Norway

Last edited by ptesgaudet on Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    ypres
    ypres

Brodie helmet found in a yard sale Empty Re: Brodie helmet found in a yard sale

Post by ypres Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:41 am

The number seems to be a service number. I believe its in the block assigned to the First Hussars. This may be the next place to search. See if his name is the 1st Hussars roster.

Ypres
    ptesgaudet

Post by ptesgaudet Sun Mar 05, 2017 7:49 pm

Interesting find today.

Fenrik is Norvegian for Second Lieutenant, so that probably mean that Arne Hana is the name of the guy.

Sandnes is a city in Norway, maybe his home town?

I also read that ''The Norwegian Army also had a small base in Lunenburg from the spring of 1942 to the summer of 1943.''

Which is in Nova Scotia.

Link : http://www.emb-norway.ca/norway_and_canada/Historical-ties/Norway-in-Canada-during-World-War-2/Norway-and-Canada-during-World-War-2/#.WLx3cyPhC2w
    Infanteer
    Infanteer

Post by Infanteer Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:32 pm

That is an interesting MkII helmet shell. Not technically a Brodie which were used during the First World War and had a different liner and slightly different shape. Regardless, it is uncommon to find a helmet with markings like that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:49 pm