Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia

Tac_Medic_F05
    Tac_Medic_F05

Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia Empty Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia

Post by Tac_Medic_F05 Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:48 am

Hello,

New to the site so if I am not putting this in the right place please let me know

Ok, so my Grandfather J.A. Smith was an original member of the First Special Service Force in the 6-1. He passed away in '94. Up until 4 years ago I thought he was an engineer or just in some sort of infantry unit. I didn't know he was part of this elite unit until my two friends that are with the Canadian Military unit that originated from the FSSF. Wink if you know what I mean. After finding this out I did some digging and received his Military records.

Anyway because of all my diggings my Aunt decided I should have what is left of his stuff from the military. See when he passed my grandmother was very upset with him and took two of his trunks of his stuff he collected and burnt them. (uniforms, V-42, pictures) so there was only a little left. I have his small service medals, a bunch of insignia, a German Bayonet. Two of the insignia are the FSSF Arrowhead from his uniform. I am considering selling one, but I am not sure what it would be worth. (Priceless to me, but I am kind of falling on some hard times) If anyone can help me out on pricing that would be great. Once I figure out the photo thing I will post some pics.
    barriefield-brian
    barriefield-brian

Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia Empty Re: Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia

Post by barriefield-brian Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:56 am

Sorry to hear of all that priceless stuff lost. I may be interested in one of the patches but not sure of the value. You will have to post some pics. Cheers Brian
    Tac_Medic_F05
    Tac_Medic_F05

Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia Empty Re: Grandfather's Original FSSF shoulder insignia

Post by Tac_Medic_F05 Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:01 am

Hi Brian

I will post a few pics tonight. I don't have one on my phone.
    Thanks for the reply

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:48 pm