Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets

M.E.E.

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Empty Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets

Post by M.E.E. Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:42 pm

Hi I thought I would say hello and show off some of my Canadian helmets.  I joined a long time ago and have lurked on and off but didn't have all that much to show.  While I live in Canada I didn't really focus much on Canadian items all that much, but in the last year and a half my collection has moved away from a German collection to a Commonwealth helmet and blade collection.  I apologize, the the picture isn't all that great, I had taken it to show how I changed my room around so the lighting is off.  I have individual pictures of each helmet if people would like to see more of them.  I have posted a lot of these helmets on other forums at one point so if you have seen these before sorry.  Well in order in the pictures MkII Combat, MkII Combat early paint, British Tanker crash helmet MkI (this one came from a RCAC vet), MkII light weight 1950 refurbish, MkII combat 1950 repaint, Canadian Tanker crash helmet MkI and a MkII lightweight ARP.  I also have but not included a M1 within the 1941 (FS/FB) manufactures range with Canadian paint and a OPFOR triangle.  Please if you have questions or would like to see better pictures of any of them feel free to ask.

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 0o25jl10
    ypres
    ypres

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Empty Re: Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets

Post by ypres Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:13 am

Good choice to move away from the German Very Happy . Looks like you've made a good start. When you get a chance post some closeups!

Ypres
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Empty Re: Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets

Post by pylon1357 Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:11 pm

I have to say, good move getting away from German collecting, far too many fakes and fantasy pieces. I have always been a Canadian collector, although I switched from Gear and uniforms to return to my CEF medal roots.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:02 pm

ypres wrote:Good choice to move away from the German Very Happy . Looks like you've made a good start. When you get a chance post some closeups!

Ypres

I will post pictures tomorrow when I get a chance to sit in front of the computer for longer than a minute. You want them as part of this or new posts?
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:02 pm

Either way …. Just excited to see them!

Ypres
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:36 pm

Ok so I forgot it was fathers day so these went up later than I wanted it to.  I will try and post them in the order of the shelf.
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Qvjugm10
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Qowmcy10
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Elxzjm10
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:42 pm

Early British helmet with Canadian paint.  In the group picture I have a ordnance hat badge on it since I have only found images of Ordinance or RCA.  These pictures are of how I found it (and how I would return it if I ever got rid of it)

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170813
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170812
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170814
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 pm

1st pattern HCRAC helmet.  This one came from the estate of a RCAC man who served from 1940-45.  The other is a 1st pattern HCTB, unfortunately the scrum is all but shot, but some scrum is better than no scrum.

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Mu7uvt10
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Jtskpg10
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Ww3zi510

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Eykqqs10
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Schiuq10
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets Radysx10
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:09 pm

Next are 2  are post war painted Rescue and Engineering (Black) helmets.  One is a combat helmet the other is a mild steel helmet.  The mild steel helmet has 1/4 of a 1952 Canadian decal.

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20171210
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20171211
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20171212

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170815
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170712
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:18 pm

And lastly a mild steel ARP marked helmet.  I have a 100% 1952 Canadian decal sitting at the local military shop I am going to pick up next month but I am still on the hunt for a few Canadian helmets.  MkI Canadian Dispatch (I have a British, and had a beautiful 2 tone camo one I traded before I started collecting Commonwealth).  A Canadian painted MkIII and a RCAC Steel MkI helmet.  I have other things to show but I will wait another day since I seemed to have flooded this post.

Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170713
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170714
    Saying Hi and showing off my Canadian helmets 20170715
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:49 pm

Good start to the collection. I really like the tanker's helmets,

Ypres
    M.E.E.

Post by M.E.E. Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:51 am

ypres wrote:Good start to the collection. I really like the tanker's helmets,

Ypres

Thanks, so do I, they are both fairly uncommon helmets so when I had a chance to pick them up I did without much hesitation. I love how the British one is literally just cardboard, no wonder they almost never were photographed without their beret but in this one. I just need to keep my eye out for a headset and I will be happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 am