Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

2 posters

Barrady Helmet

recceboy
    recceboy

Barrady Helmet Empty Barrady Helmet

Post by recceboy Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:56 pm

Got a Barrady helmet to add to the collection, wore one but with the other liner system for workup training for Bosnia 94.Will add photos when I get my Laptop back from the "FIX-it cause it crashed store."

Barrady Helmet 100_8110

Barrady Helmet 100_8210

Barrady Helmet 100_8211

Anthony

Last edited by mk1rceme on Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Picture fix & move to applicable section)
    Darrell
    Darrell

Barrady Helmet Empty Re: Barrady Helmet

Post by Darrell Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi Anthony

Lucky you. At least it wasn't spray painted UN Blue!!

If you recall during work-ups for that tour, some idiot got the idea to paint them................and "good bye" protective integrity of the helmet. Rolling Eyes

Luckily I managed to secure a US Kevlar and Blue canvas cover. And when we were in Pendelton I scrounged a jump riggin' and pad from the USMC 2nd Anglico fellas.

And all those Barradys ended up piled up in the Bunkers in the Visoko camp!!! Expensive flower pots!! I even mailed one home to a civvy buddy in Calgary and labelled the Postal Customs form as containing a "Blue Flower pot". He got it!! :lol:

regards
    Darrell
    (Op Cavalier 5 w/ the Strats)

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:17 am