Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

+3
Wgrenadier
lorne19
Bill
7 posters

Hong Kong Royal Rifles/ Winnipeg Grenadiers uniforms

Teatime1944

Hong Kong Royal Rifles/ Winnipeg Grenadiers uniforms - Page 2 Empty Re: Hong Kong Royal Rifles/ Winnipeg Grenadiers uniforms

Post by Teatime1944 Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Yeah I’d love to see more pictures when you get the chance. Shame the pips were taken off, are they easy to find?
    edstorey
    edstorey

Hong Kong Royal Rifles/ Winnipeg Grenadiers uniforms - Page 2 Empty Re: Hong Kong Royal Rifles/ Winnipeg Grenadiers uniforms

Post by edstorey Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:37 am

OMG -buttons... Using the correct terminology usually helps when you want to describe to others what you have collected. In this case you have an Officer's Service Dress (SD) Jacket with Hong Kong (HK) BADGES. So what do you know about the history of the HK badges and what does the tailor's tag on the SD Jacket have printed on it?
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:25 pm

Hong Kong Royal Rifles/ Winnipeg Grenadiers uniforms - Page 2 UN7
    edstorey
    edstorey

Post by edstorey Sun Apr 26, 2020 1:12 pm

Slick looking BD Blouse and I like that button! Oh yeah, and the HK Badge is nice as well....
    BAP
    BAP

Post by BAP Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:18 am

edstorey wrote:Slick looking BD Blouse and I like that button!   Oh yeah, and the HK Badge is nice as well....

As I understand it these were issued and worn by Hong Kong vets once released from POW camps so they could be fed and bulked up before being demobbed. Under the circumstances I don't think too many wanted to stay in the army and serve postwar.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:16 am