Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Canadian or UK Wing

suwanneetrader
    suwanneetrader

Canadian or UK Wing Empty Canadian or UK Wing

Post by suwanneetrader Sun May 15, 2016 10:16 am

Hello I"m back. It has been awhile as I find very little Canadian or English Militaria in Central Florida. When I do it always goes on this fine forum first. Some of you know me as I have over 2000 posts on "U.S. Militaria Forum".

This looks like Intertwined "REC" and backmark is "RYRIE or RYRIC". Any help appreciated as I need to know correct description before I post on here for sale or trade for before 1955 USMC. Also it is about 1 3/4 inches long and as photo shows some of the porcelain enamel is gone from wing. Thanks Richard

Canadian or UK Wing P5150010
    Canadian or UK Wing P5150011
    Canadian or UK Wing P5150012

Brent W
    Brent W

Canadian or UK Wing Empty Re: Canadian or UK Wing

Post by Brent W Sun May 15, 2016 8:35 pm

I'm not sure what the engraving on the back represents but the front enamel lettering is RFC for Royal Flying Corps.
    suwanneetrader
    suwanneetrader

Post by suwanneetrader Sun May 15, 2016 9:21 pm

Brent W wrote:I'm not sure what the engraving on the back represents but the front enamel lettering is RFC for Royal Flying Corps.

Thanks for answering but I thought the middle letter was an "E" I did look at many RFC insignia and none I found had the F like the one on my example. Do you have an example written like mine and would you please post it? Richard
    edstorey
    edstorey

Canadian or UK Wing Empty Sweetheart Pin

Post by edstorey Mon May 16, 2016 3:30 am

What you have is a RFC Sweetheart pin, these pins came in many sizes and could be obtained for most Corps and Regiments during both wars. The manufacture's name is embossed on the back of the pin.
    suwanneetrader
    suwanneetrader

Post by suwanneetrader Mon May 16, 2016 9:10 am

Thank you Ed. You always answer my questions, sure is a funny looking F. beating a dead horse Ha HA - I guess this old Yank can not read fancy script. Hope this finds you well. Since it is not Canadian is it still OK to sell here and is $20. about right? Thanks again Richard the old retired guy in FL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm