Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Wanted: Boer War militaria

VictorianEra

Wanted: Boer War militaria Empty Wanted: Boer War militaria

Post by VictorianEra Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:05 am

Greetings forum members. I am currently looking for authentic Boer War militaria to add to my collection. I have recently started a Boer War collection (only 2 uniforms in it so far) and am looking to expand and perhaps get a Canadian piece in my collection. Being a collector, I understand that Boer War period items are quite rare, especially Canadian Boer War militaria, but there is still some out there. If you have anything you'd consider selling.

I am mainly looking for:

-British/Scottish or especially Canadian scarlet (or other coloured, black, green, blue depends on regiment) patrol frocks, Boer War or before.

-Boer War Canadian Field Service Caps

-Other Boer War uniforms/headgear in any condition.

-Boer War equipment (bandoliers, Sam brownes, water bottles, etc) preferably Canadian but I'd still be open to British

-Canadian Scottish (any regiment) uniform

-Anything else Boer War related that you may want to sell

Last edited by VictorianEra on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
    qsamike
    qsamike

Wanted: Boer War militaria Empty Re: Wanted: Boer War militaria

Post by qsamike Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:17 pm

Welcome Jamie......

Being a collector of Canadian Boer War for the past 55 years I wish you luck......

Mike

P.S. I forgot to ask what part of the country are you from......
    VictorianEra

Post by VictorianEra Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:55 pm

Thanks Mike, I am from British Columbia. I appreciate you wishing me luck, I've heard about you prior to joining this forum, I've seen your Canadian Boer War KD Frock to Captain Perry (on another forum. GMIC) or something his name was? Anyway, it's very nice. So far I only have a couple of Boer War Scottish Regiment patrol frocks and a few other items, but I hope to expand my small Boer War collection. Best regards,

-Jamie
    CampX

Post by CampX Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:32 pm

I have 2 Boer War Diaries I a thinking of getting rid of. An Artillery Officers I think, tell of POW, Battles "snipers" ect

DEan
    VictorianEra

Post by VictorianEra Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:55 pm

CampX wrote:I have 2 Boer War Diaries I a thinking of getting rid of. An Artillery Officers I think, tell of POW, Battles "snipers" ect

DEan

Dean, send me a message with pictures, I'd love to see what they look like and what you would like them for.

Best regards,

-Jamie

Last edited by VictorianEra on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:26 pm

VictorianEra wrote:Thanks Mike, I am from British Columbia. I appreciate you wishing me luck, I've heard about you prior to joining this forum, I've seen your Canadian Boer War KD Frock to Captain Perry (on another forum. GMIC) or something his name was? Anyway, it's very nice. So far I only have a couple of Boer War Scottish Regiment patrol frocks and a few other items, but I hope to expand my small Boer War collection. Best regards,

-Jamie

Hi Jamie.......

His name was Percy Falls and served with the Strathcona's and South African Constabulary......

Suggest that you look above and type Stetson in the search engine as there are a few threads that you might like to read......

Also there is a very good ABW website located here: http://www.angloboerwar.com/

Mike
    VictorianEra

Post by VictorianEra Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:51 pm

Thank you, Mike. I will look around the forum and check out that website. Many thanks. Best regards,

-Jamie
    qsamike
    qsamike

Post by qsamike Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Jamie......

I am passing your email off to a member of another forum who has a British Khaki uniform for sale.......

His name is Steve......

Mike
    VictorianEra

Post by VictorianEra Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:28 pm

Thanks Mike, I appreciate it. I would be very interested in seeing what he has for sale. I look forward to seeing the khaki uniform he has for sale.. What forum is he currently listing it on? Best regards,

-Jamie

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:12 am