Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired

Seaforth Highlander
    Seaforth Highlander

Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired Empty Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired

Post by Seaforth Highlander Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:56 pm

Last week (Feb 2013) I obtained four Lee-Enfield rifles from one private owner.

1. Lee-Enfield No. 4 Mk. I F(FTR) 1943 British made sporter with a civilian Monte Carlo stock. Sadly unrestorable as the charger bridge and inch off muzzle had both been removed. The previous owners thought it was a Jungle Carbine, and it had that style of wood but it was not.

2. Lee-Enfield No.4 Mk. I* Longbranch 1945 still military but missing some parts ... which just HAPPENED to be available on #1 above! :-) OK, so the bolt is a mismatched number ...

3. Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. III* 1942 "dispersal rifle" - Produced in UK using spare parts and salvaged parts. Factory had been bombed out so they were dispersed to be assembled in smaller factories in the Birmingham area. BSA Shirley was busy producing No. 4 Mk. I rifles by this time. Full military configuration.

And the "piece de resistance" ...

4. Lee-Enfield Mark I, also known as Magazine Lee-Enfield (MLE) or "Long Lee" 1895, made by ENFIELD. Full military configuration, complete with dust cover and volley sights, matching low range serial numbers in 4,000 range and ta dah! Canadian Militia & Defence M&D marking AND regimental rack number for the 88th Regiment (Victoria Fusiliers) [Victoria, BC 1912-1920, merged with 50th Gordons to form the Canadian Scottish Regiment which I later served in.]

I love Lee-Enfields, though my preference is for the WWII stuff. I am looking for a trade on/towards a No. 4 Mk. I (T) sniper rifle with matching serial numbers in the No. 15 Chest (Canadian or British make). I also have other trade stuff available including an 1851 Colt Navy, London made, Upper Canada issue marked to the Toronto Cavalry Troop and with all matching serial numbers.

I KNEW those extra Lee-Enfield slings would come in handy someday!

Colin

recceboy
    recceboy

Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired Empty Re: Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired

Post by recceboy Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:48 am

Photos please you lucky bugger................

"RECCE SENDS" Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired 1739809586

Cheers

Anthony
    Seaforth Highlander
    Seaforth Highlander

Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired Empty Re: Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired

Post by Seaforth Highlander Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:20 pm

recceboy wrote:Photos please you lucky bugger................

"RECCE SENDS" Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired 1739809586

Cheers

Anthony

Sunray sends:

Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired 8004Lee-Enfields017_zpsa16064e6
    Longbranch No. 4 Mk. I* (second from bottom) is longer as it has a long "L" butt.

Lee-Enfield treasure trove acquired 800L-ENo1MkIIIstar1942Dispersalrifle020_zps682b86be
    Lee-Enfield No. 1 Mk. III* 1942 Birmingham "Dispersal Rifle" markings. (Second rifle from the top.)

I would like to work a trade deal in CANADA (trade preferred but can talk about trade & cash) for a L-E No. 4 Mk. I(T) or L-E No4 Mk. I*(T) sniper with matching numbers and in chest (I know they exist because I had two during my first marriage.) I also have available an 1851 Colt Navy revolver with ALL matching serial numbers and Upper Canada issue markings for the cavalry troop in Toronto, dewat MP-40 etc. :-)

mk1rceme
    mk1rceme
    Administrator

Post by mk1rceme Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Nice!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:54 am