Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Strange military air filter. Need help

wirelessradio
    wirelessradio

Strange military air filter. Need help Empty Strange military air filter. Need help

Post by wirelessradio Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:17 pm

Do you know if this filter is for oil or air and for which military vehicles.

On the cardboard I am reading.

General Motor Corporation

Filter Part 12069397
    Description Sir Sensor Pigtail /JU.
    Supplier 056726870. Serial 728658449

Packar Electric Division El Paso TX 79924

Invotronics Manufacturing
    365 Passamore Ave. Scarborough
    Ontario.

On the filter I see this number 4859145-3.

Strange military air filter. Need help Filtre_1Strange military air filter. Need help Filtre_2
    qsamike
    qsamike

Strange military air filter. Need help Empty Re: Strange military air filter. Need help

Post by qsamike Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:50 am

I do not think that this is military.....

At the time that this was manufactured there would also have been a NATO Stock Number on the packaging.....

M.
    pylon1357
    pylon1357
    Global Moderator

Strange military air filter. Need help Empty Re: Strange military air filter. Need help

Post by pylon1357 Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:28 am

Mike, it has been my experiance, you cannot dismiss a consumable as not being military use based on the lack of a NSN. As John can attest, there are many parts on the shelf at 202 for the AHSVS project that do not have a NSN on them. Some of these were bulk and therefore the only NSN was on the larger case, other times they were a LOP item and no NSN on the box.

However, without knowing the size or any other details of this filter, it is pretty much impossible to identify it. I appears to me to be either a fuel or oil cartridge.

Length, diameter, etc would be required to narrow it down. Even at that it may not be of military use at all.

http://www.irishregimentofcanada.ca
    servicepub
    servicepub
    In Memoriam

Post by servicepub Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:52 am

One quick Google search on "SIR Sensor Pigtail" provided information. The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) is part of a vehicle's airbag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jul 26, 2024 7:33 pm