Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

3 posters

Canadian Intelligence Corps

Bill
    Bill

Canadian Intelligence Corps Empty Canadian Intelligence Corps

Post by Bill Tue Mar 30, 2010 5:23 pm

Did the Canadian Intelligence Corps wear a shoulder title during the Second World War?
    Wouter
    Wouter

Canadian Intelligence Corps Empty Re: Canadian Intelligence Corps

Post by Wouter Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:14 am

I believe so. Could make a scan of a set of CIC titles I have which I believe to be 44/45 when I get back home. I'm off to school now!
    Bill
    Bill

Canadian Intelligence Corps Empty Authority...

Post by Bill Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:38 am

My question was poorly phrased Wouter. The C INT C were formed in 1942, but I have not been able to locate any authorization for the shoulder title. The photos in the Faces of War data base do not show the C INT C title in wear. Not mention of the title is made in the inventory control sheets used by the Central Ordnance Depot in the UK, and there was no approval for a embroidered title in Canada or a printed title in the CMHQ records from the UK. All other units that had a title approved left a paper trail.
    Michael Reintjes
    Michael Reintjes

Post by Michael Reintjes Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:29 am

I know I sound like a broken record about photographic evidence but I don't think I,ve ever seen a wartime photo of that shoulder flash in use. I,ve seen a few battledress over the years but I was suspicious of them being original....an interesting question that needs more investigation.
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:31 pm

I came across some documentation about the C Int C badges. There is one comment that the C Int C could do their job more effectively if they circulated among the other troops with their previous regimental badges. Also, the only authorized titles in Europe after 1943 were printed. There was never printed title considered for the C Int C so they did not likely have melton badges overseas. The judgement is still out on the use in Canada.
    Bill
    Bill

Post by Bill Tue May 08, 2012 7:23 am

The C Int C badges were authorized in Canada in late 1943, and contracted in early 1944. An interesting comment in the documents indicates that in certain circumstances it was preferable that the personnel wear the badges of their original unit so it would be easier to do their job.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:46 am