Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Canadian Military Collectors Forum

Comprehensive Forum of Canadian Armed Forces History & Militaria

4 posters

Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge

Jonhno

Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge Empty Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge

Post by Jonhno Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:30 pm

I picked this one up in the week, I know they are rare and do not have the book as reference, did not pay alot for it, two piece construction, a friend thought it was a bad one, any opinions appreciated thanks John
    Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge Dsc01913
    Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge Dsc01912
    Bill
    Bill

Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge Empty Re: Canadian Parachute Corps Cap badge

Post by Bill Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:22 am

Not a fan. The overlay is not correct. It is missing from the scroll, and includes the maple leaf, which is not found on officers' badges.
    ypres
    ypres

Post by ypres Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:15 am

I don't think its good. The shroud lines are too thick in the middle. This style would be Scully marked near one of the lugs. Most original officers badges, not all, are riveted. This one is also too Patinated for me. Looks artificially done to give it some age.

Ypres
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:03 am

I don't like it, there are no rivets for attaching the overlay, the shroud lines are too thick, and the feathers are too thick. It appears the shroud has been artificially worn.
    Jonhno

Post by Jonhno Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:30 pm

thanks guys, I know I should have picked up the book at the last show, thankfully I didnt drop 4 or 500 dollars on this badge

the age didn't sit right with me either, I have a feeling its been held over a lighter or something and dipped into polish

Cheers

John
    Tankermike
    Tankermike

Post by Tankermike Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:52 am

Here is a confirmed officers 1 CANPARA badge, photo courtesy Mark Campbell. Note the rivets and makers mark.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/14/86/33/79/1_canp10.jpg

https://i.servimg.com/u/f35/14/86/33/79/1_canp11.jpg
    Jonhno

Post by Jonhno Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:04 pm

thanks for the pictures, thats a very nice set

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 am